Sign In

News Detail

GPSSA Clarifies the Rights of the Insured in Cases of Termination of Service Due to Death or Disability

27 June 2021

GPSSA Clarifies the Rights of the Insured in Cases of Termination of Service Due to Death or Disability

Abu Dhabi 27 June 2021: The General Pension and Social Security Authority (GPSSA) confirmed that the insured is entitled to a retirement pension upon the expiry of a period of service due to death, total disability, or unfitness to work, regardless of age and duration of participation in the Authority.

Hind Al-Suwaidi, Director of the Benefits Unit, said, "Within the framework of the awareness campaign to introduce the terms and conditions of retirement for unfitness to work, which was launched this month under the slogan, "Today's insurance protects you from tomorrow's risks.", the authority was keen to clarify the rights of the insured if his service period ended with his death or disability, whether as a result of a work injury or not.

As for the death, if it was caused by a work injury, the beneficiaries are granted a pension of 100% of the pension calculated salary, in addition to a compensation of 75,000 dirhams paid to the heirs of the insured in accordance with the provisions of Islamic Sharia.

She explained that if the work injury leads to a total disability, the insured is also entitled to a pension at the rate of 100% of the pension calculation salary, and besides that is granted a compensation of 75 thousand dirhams. If the injury leads to partial disability, he is entitled to compensation equal to the percentage of the disability multiplied by (75) thousand dirhams.

On the other hand, Al Suwaidi added that if the service of the insured ends with death, total disability, or unfitness to work, and this was not caused by a work injury, the pension is calculated in a different way. If his service period is less than that, and the pension is granted at a rate of (60%), in addition to three years of legal service or what completes the age of (60), whichever is less, in cases of death and total disability.

Let us take an example of this and suppose that an insured person whose service period has ended with total disability and he had a service period of (10) years, and his age at the end of service was (40) years, in this case, his service period is increased to (15) years, and he is entitled to a pension at the rate of (60%), then three nominal years are added to it, giving him an increase of (6%) at the rate of 2% increase for each year, so, the total percentage of the pension upon retirement will be (66%) of the pension calculation salary.

In the event of a death not resulting from a work injury, the pension is calculated and paid to the beneficiaries on the basis of a service period of (15) years or the actual service period if it is more, and in addition to this period (3) legal years or what completes the age of (60), whichever is less. 

Let's take an example, she said... If the service of an insured person ends after spending (16) years in service and his age is (58) years, then the pension is calculated here at the rate of (62%) for the actual period of service, in addition to these two legal years granting him an increase of (4%) so that the total percentage of the pension is (66%) of the pension salary.

How do you rate the contents of this page?


Write your Opinion * :

Settings

Narrator

Font Size

Color Blindness Options

Website Theme

Translator

The Authority is not responsible for the translation output by google

Zoom

0

Image Magnifer