Insurance is optional
• Employer: UAE nationals owning a business or performing an activity that he or she considers as a profession and which employs workers.
• Self employed: UAE nationals who practice a commercial, industrial or agricultural activity; which the law requires him or her to register in the commercial register or any other applicable official record.
• Professional: UAE nationals whose profession relies upon their expertise such as doctors, engineers, accountants and the like and any other profession that requires issue of a license from a specialized body.
The contributions for the above mentioned categories are calculated according to their income bracket and the contribution percentage as specified in the tables below:
Percentage of Monthly Contributions Per Age Group
The insured may request an amendment to the monthly income bracket in order to move to the direct next higher bracket provided that he/she spends 5 years in the same income bracket if he/she is 50 years old and 3 years if he/she is less than that age.
1. If the insured reaches the age of 65 and completes a minimum of 20 years’ service; even if he/she is still carrying on their activities.
2. If the insured became disabled and could not fully perform his/her activity subject to the medical committee confirming the disability.
3. In the event of death, the pension is paid to beneficiaries in accordance with the provisions of the law.
End of Service Gratuity Entitlement:
The insured receives this if he/she is not entitled to a pension salary and provided that the period of service is not less than one year. The gratuity is calculated as follows:
Pension and Gratuity Calculations:
Income segments average for the last five years of service or the entire service years if it was less than five years.
The Authority is not responsible for the translation output by google